Dusting off the brayer

Don't you love rediscovering things / techniques / tools that you've had for ages and then suddenly they seem to crop up everywhere. My list this month includes vellum which is perfect for christmas cards, corner rounders which I think has something to do with the popularity of Project Life cards and using a Brayer.  I'd forgotten how much satisfaction there is in starting with a blank piece of white card and transforming it with just a few sweeps of an inky brayer. 

Here's a quick brayered card I made with a selection of inks, a piece of scrap paper and a circle punch. The flowers are from the Best Of Flowers set.


It really is an easy card to make.  Flicking through Impressions, the magazine that Stampin' Up! send to demonstrators, I came across an article on ghosting using the white Craft ink. I put the two techniques together to come up with this brayered Christmas card that we made at this month's class at Elvaston, Derby.




Comments

Post a Comment